Living fit is a lifestyle choice but it’s not always easy to keep choosing it. ” How do I stay motivated?”
There are no secret hacks to getting fit, it just takes will power and the real reason you decide to start your fitness journey. Starting your fitness journey will require more than committing to posting a weekly gym mirror selfie. Get started on your fitness journey by creating these habits.
- Commitment. Make an appointment with yourself. Once you’ve made the life-changing decision to start on your fitness and health journey, commit to your decision.
- Compassion. Choose to work out when it suits you, you don’t have to be part of team 5 am. Just focus on getting it done.
- Conviction. Never give yourself an excuse to skip your workout. But remind yourself why you started.
- Consistency. Workout with a friend. Exercise with a friend makes it more enjoyable and give you plenty of social time.
- Focus on the after gym activity. Choosing not to exercise is usually based on an emotional trigger and sometimes the weather, lol! If you’re feeling tired, you’ll tend to make an excuse. Instead, try to think about the long term benefits of your workout. More energy and being able to lift heavier weights, eventually exercise will be associated with something that makes you feel good.
- Don’t quit! Exercise will become a lifestyle when you keep making time for it. Overcome the urge to quit even when you feel like it’s tough. In a couple of weeks, it becomes easier. DON’T GIVE UP and remember why you choose to make the lifestyle change.